The following Rules and Regulations must be followed in order to enroll in the ABBI Breeder’s Certificate Program.
I. Sire Qualificationsfor Enrollment
1. Eligibility for enrollment requires
Preference No. 1: No artificial insemination of semen and no natural stud service have occurred to outside- of-herd dams prior to the enrollment year.
Preference No. 2:Any artificial insemination of semen will be limited to the breeding season prior to enrollment year and those cows must be clearly identified in writing –Please obtain paperwork from the office.
Previous owners of said bull must identify if they have collected the bull.
Natural stud service – for any age natural bred offspring: a sire that has only been natural bred should be allowed in the program aslong as the previous owner(s) have been clearly identified and notified of the bull being placed into the certificate program. Previous owner is defined as those who have had the bull in their previous inventory. Any offspring may be grandfathered in as long as they are registered. Any offspring that has not been registered will have the opportunity to be registered priorto enrollment. If the offspring is not registered prior it is up to the owner of the offspring to contact the enrolled sire’s owner to obtain a voucher.
2. Any outside-of-herd dams bred to an enrolled sire in previous 2 years prior to enrollment must be identified, in writing to ABBI.
3. All offspring will needto be identified in writing.
4. Sires with cloned copies are not eligible for enrollment.
5. Cloned copies of original sires are not eligible for enrollment.
6. A current listing of all enrolled sires will be found on theABBI web site.
1. Transfer of ownership and/or registration of a non-enrolled sire require a statement acknowledging neither the artificial insemination of semen nor stud services have occurred, as outlined above, that would make a sire ineligible for the transferee to enroll the sire in the ABBI Breeder’s Certificate Program.
2. During the transfer process of enrolled Sire ABBI must benotified, in writing, of any retained rights regarding this program. All Breeder Certificate must be transferred to new owner.
3. Any owner of an enrolled sire may, for a fee, have ABBI processthe transfer, acting as an agent for the enrolled sire owner(s), and issue anABBI Breeder’s Certificate Voucher.
4. ABBI will not participate and will not play any role in thedetermination of the price of an ABBI Breeder’s Certificate.
5. A fee of $25.00, to be paid by the owner(s) of the enrolledsire, will be required to process the transfer of an ABBI Breeder’s Certificate.
6. Disputes over a bull entered into the Breeder Certificate program can be filed with ABBI Grievance committee for $500.00.
1. Lifetime Breeder’s Certificate - $1,250.00
IV.Requirements forthe Registration of Offspring
1. An ABBI Breeder’sCertificate Voucher is required for all offspring resulting from artificial insemination or stud service of a non-owned enrolled sire.
2. An ABBI Breeder’s Certificate Voucher is not required if the breeder owns the sire and bred dam.
3. An ABBI Breeder’s Certificate Voucher is not required for offspring from a non-enrolled sire.
1. Only a member in good standing may submit an application for a Breeder’s Certificate which mustbe fully completed upon submission.
2. In the case of joint ownership only one Certificate will be issued to the designated co-owner.
3. Sire owner provides ABBI with a list of Dams including theowner and total number of head serviced and duration of exposure to the sire.
4. Sire owner agrees to provide a Breeders Certificate to Damowners for the number of offspring to be registered.
5. In the event any misrepresentation is discovered, at any time, in the application for a Breeder’s Certificate, the Breeder’s Certificate shall be null and void, no refund of fees shall be made and the holder of the Breeder’s Certificate shall be subject to such further action as the Board of Directors shall impose.
6. All fees stated above are subject to change.
7. Any disputes arising under the ABBI Breeder’s CertificateProgram shall be exclusively resolved by arbitration.
8. The owner of a sire no longer entitled to enrollment shallpromptly surrender the Certificate to ABBI for cancellation.
9. These Rules and Regulations are subject to change by the ABBI Board of Directors.